The Streisand Effect



It's not that Barbra Streisand had actually gone away anywhere but she had been kind of quiet in recent years. All that changed recently. First, in the September 2010 issue of Harper's Bazaar an editorial story entitled, "A Star is Re-Born" featured Jennifer Aniston in an homage to the mega-star shot by Mark Seliger.





This photo reminds me of a very similar pose struck by Isabella Rossellini, made up to look like Barbra by the late, great Kevyn Aucoin.



My Dec/Jan copy of House Beautiful arrives with a feature on Streisand's first-ever book, My Passion for Design in which she "shares the intimate story behind her obsession with home"
plus the cover of the August 1974 edition of the magazine which included a feature about her Hollywood home.


As if this wasn't enough to convince me that Streisand's star was back in the firmament, along comes another magazine, another story on Streisand's home. This time, December's Harper's Bazaar, photography by Terry Richardson, and the somewhat surprising revelation that Barbra has a cobble-stoned street with a "row of shops" in her basement.







Comments

  1. I was JUST saying how much I was inlove with Barbra Streisand. She's so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love her style from the sixties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's pretty interesting that she is so invested in design! I want a cobblestone street in my basement...Nice post :) http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Divine Decadence of Helmut Newton

Nan Goldin, Fashion Photographer!

The apple of My i